Navigation for patient insurance and eligibility offered at the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation Health Center (CIRHC) and at the Lionel R. John Health Center (LRJHC)
The Patient Benefits Department is pleased to assist our patients with obtaining health insurance. The Indian Health Service (IHS) requires all uninsured patients to apply for alternative resources. Even if you believe you are over-income guidelines for premium-free insurance, we would request that you meet with Patient Benefits staff who would be able to determine eligibility for programs based on income and household size. Here are some options for your consideration:
- You may call the New York State Marketplace and make an application over the telephone at 1-855-355-5777 or apply online through the NY State of Health at www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov Patients must have an email address when applying through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Additionally, our Patient Benefits staff are NY State Certified Application Counselors and can offer assistance to simplify the enrollment process for you. Staff are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Appointments are always welcome; however, walk-ins are accommodated as timely as possible.
We Screen for Alternative Resources
- Child Health Plus
- Essential Plan
- Qualified Health Plan
- Medicare Savings Program
- Extra Help Medicare Prescription Program
Please have the following information with you when applying for health insurance:
- Unemployment verification
- Birthdates/Social Security numbers for all household members, even if they are not applying
- Know your tax filing status/who you will claim as a tax dependent/who may claim you as a tax dependent
- All household income verification including employment, last 4 weeks earned wages, social security/551 income verification letter
- If self-employed, need last 3 months of income
- Private pension verification
A patient receiving Direct Only care at our facility will be responsible for all off-site expenses associated with hospital emergency rooms, urgent care centers, in-patient hospitalization and medical specialty providers. It is imperative that our Direct Only patients carry health insurance, without interruption.
CIRHC (716) 532-5582 ext. 5201 or ext. 5461
LRJHC (716) 945-5894 ext. 3249 or ext. 3248