Behavioral Health Services
The Mission of Behavioral Health is:
The Behavioral Health Unit of the Seneca Nation Health System will provide a comprehensive behavioral health delivery system to maintain emotional, spiritual and social well-being of eligible individuals and their families through contemporary substance use and behavioral health methodologies enhanced by Native American values and cultural practices.
Substance Use Services
Substance Use Services provide assessments, diagnosis, and treatment for all ages engaged in risky behaviors, drug/alcohol use/dependency. Services include individual, group/family counseling. Counseling staff collaborates with prescribing psychiatric staff and Medical Providers. DUI/DWI, licensing issues requiring treatment are also provided. A special focus is on Cultural awareness enhanced by the body, mind and spirit connection.
Substance Use Services include:
- Assessment and diagnosis, treatment plans
- Individual, couple, family and aftercare therapy
- Consult for psychiatric assessment, medication monitoring and case management if necessary.
- Collaboration/case management with other disciplines
- Referrals to in-patient programs and/or Half-way house programs
- Medication-assisted treatment
Staffing: Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASAC and CASAC-T), Licensed Social Workers (LMSW, LCSW), and Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
Psychiatric and Behavioral Health
Psychiatric and Behavioral Health services provide assessments, diagnosis, treatment and medications (based on need). These services are individual, group and family counseling (ages 3+). The counseling staff consults with prescribing psychiatric staff regarding medication monitoring and case management. Other consultations and coordinated services with other SNHS units/staffs may be done to provide optimal quality care.
Psychiatric and Behavioral Health Services include:
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Assessments, diagnosis, treatment
- Counseling for acute and chronic illness
- Consultation with psychiatric staff in medication monitoring and case management.
- Collaboration/case management with other disciplines.
- Individualized treatment plans
Staffing: Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, and Licensed Social Workers and support staff.
The Prevention team focuses on youth, family and community education aimed at preventing substance use and suicide risk. Located on both territories, the team provides individual and group educational sessions, trainings and activities. The team also focuses on having collaborative working relationships with other Seneca Nation programs & outside agencies where our youth and families can be found in order to increase protective factors and decrease risk factors.
Prevention Education Teams Services include:
- Individual and/or group educational sessions on substance use prevention and mental health promotion topics
- ASIST Trainings (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Teen Intervene Sessions
- Community Event Outreach
- Native Connections Family Engagement Program (click here for registration form)
- Continual development of prevention and intervention educational sessions and events
Staffing: Prevention Aftercare Specialists with CPP (Certified Prevention Professional) or equivalent
CHWC (716) 532-5583
LRJHC (716) 945-9001